Thursday, February 15, 2007

Al Gore, the new Bob Geldof?

How 1980's is this?

Live Earth, this July. I have to admit, I like these big benefit concerts. I don't think they can hurt and drawing attention to major issues politicians tend to ignore is good. Besides, a concert in Antarctica is something I want to see.

Al Gore is a sly one. When he couldn't spread the word about the dangers of global warming by getting elected President, he utilized a means of communication that connects with everyone, young and old. He produced two movies and now is putting together a massive concert.

I'm not sure how much Live Aid worked for the African famine in the 1980's, but when we mention Live Aid, we remember why it was made...so the issue got attention. Any attention brought to this issue is good.

Still, I think it would be interesting to see if these celebrities show up at their anti-global warming concerts in gas-guzzling Hummer limos

No comments: