Monday, February 19, 2007

Thanks Taegan

Although I've only been blogging for the better part of the last month, I've been analyzing politics since I was a Sophomore in College. I would spend much of my free time between classes on a computer on campus checking political news sites to see what was going so I can talk to professors about it and so I can be the first to know.

One of the sites I found in those exhaustive searches was Taegan Goddard's Political Wire. I don't remember when exactly I started checking Political Wire, but I know I've been on that site at least three times a day ever since.

In the fast, time consuming world of a twenty something, many times you don't have much time to search the news sites to see what's going on in your area of interest (in my case, the political world). Thanks to Taegan, the latest in political news is right in my favorites bar.

Since I've started my blog, much of the news I read and later analyze, I first find on Political Wire. I read the headline, then the blurb, if it interests me, I follow the links provided, read more about it, put together my thoughts on it and then, voila!, I post. The great thing to is that Taegan posts almost everyday (including weekends), which satisfies my addiction to political news. During the campaign season, Taegan posts links to polls. In the last election, 91.1% of my election predictions were correct, thanks mainly to polls I studied thanks in part to links to them provided on Political Wire.

There are many websites I look at, but almost all of them I've found thanks to Political Wire. This blog, like it or not, exists thanks in part to Taegan Goddard.

No comments: