Wednesday, April 18, 2007

First Trimester or Not At All

I must say, I am not a big fan of abortion. I tend to be more conservative on that topic than most who fall in the same place on the political scale as me.

Yet, I understand why it is legal and I don't pass judgement on women who should make the choice, and I abhor the theocratic fascists who use abortion to warp the minds of people like me into becoming, well, theocratic fascists.

For the first time since 1973, the Supreme Court has ruled to narrow abortion rights a bit, by upholding a federal law banning abortion after the first trimester. To be quite honest, that doesn't concern me in the least. If you should choose to have an abortion, choose to do it in the first 12 weeks or don't have it at all. I think most agree with that concept.

Ironically, the bill leaves out the one reason most think abortion should be legal, a woman's life. If there is proof that a woman will die if she does not undergo an abortion (and therefore, chances are, the baby will die too,) then there should be the exception. However, for any reason, I don't see a problem here.

Really, why would anyone want to go through or even perform a procedure that is so barbaric?

Nevertheless, the theocratic fascists are going to be claiming victory here. That it is the first step in turning America into a Christian police state. Next they'll be banning all abortion, overturning Lawrence v. Texas, sending homosexuals to "reeducation" camps, stripping non-Christians of their rights and replacing the Supreme Court with a Cathedral. To prevent this, I will almost defenitely vote Democratic in the next Presidential election.

Yeah, I know it's a little bit paranoid, but I just don't trust theocratic fascists. I'll give them this, but I'm not going to give them much else.

No comments: