Thursday, April 19, 2007

Senator Urges Gonzales To Resign

And it's not Kennedy, Schumer or Leahy

It's Senator Tom Coburn (R-Oklahoma)...You heard right, Coburn of Oklahoma;

"The best way to put this behind us is your resignation," Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Oklahoma)

Democrats really didn't have to put more pressure on the Attorney General. Republicans were doing it for them;

"Why is your story changing?" Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa)
"Most of this is a stretch" Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina)
"I guess I'm more concerned about your recollection really." Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Alabama)



I'd say this man is toast, but I thought he'd be gone already. It looks to me like the Senate is going to beat this guy up for awhile and then let him go.

At least the Republicans are learning the art of oversight. They seemed to have forgotten that after 2001.

No comments: