Sunday, June 3, 2007

Democratic Debate Part Deux

The Second Democratic Debate on CNN in New Hampshire didn't surprise me at all. Nevertheless, here are my thoughts on what I saw;

-Hillary Clinton drives me crazy. I'm scared of her blowing the election for the Democrats. I think she's too polarizing to be the Democratic standard bearer. Yet, everytime she gets up there, she sounds so presidential. She doesn't hurt herself at all. Occasionally, she even helps. She makes me think; "You know, if you weren't Hillary Clinton, you'd be running away with this."

Still, there is something that tickles me wrong about her, but I like her more as a candidate than I did when she announced.

-Obama did well tonight. Again, if he was the second term Governor of Illinois, he'd be running away with this, no matter what his race.

-Edward's Iraq rant annoyed me a bit. He voted aye on the war resolution and did not read the report, yeld scolded Clinton for doing the same thing and not apologzing. I'm glad he apologized, but it doesn't make it ok to scold those who didn't.

-Biden showed his expertise, especially on foreign policy. To be honest, I think he'd make a good VP now

-Richardson got off to a slow start and never recovered. I don't think he hurt himself, but he sure didn't help. I love Bill, but I'm tired of hearing "As Governor of New Mexico..." We know you're Governor of New Mexico, thanks.

No comments: