Saturday, March 17, 2007

Trump: Bush Worst Ever

I decided not to say what CNN's been using as a headline, you know; you're fired...but anyway

The Donald met with Wolf Blitzer this week and declared his contempt for the Bush administration on CNN.

"I don't know if they're bad people. I don't know what's going on. I just know they got us into a mess, the likes of which this country has probably never seen, It's one of the great catastrophes of all time."

Trump also took shots at John Kerry;
"I'm so upset that he blew it. I think that Bush is probably the worst president in the history of the United States, and I just don't understand how they could
have lost that election."

Trump told Blitzer the situation in Iraq is hopeless. It is a civil war that will get worse no matter when we pull out, so we're better off doing it now, declaring victory and dealing with the consequences the best we can.

Trump made no endorsement for President in 2008 (He also said he wasn't a candidate.) He did say he had positive feelings for both frontrunners; Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Rudy Giuliani. He said a race between the two of them would be "a hell of a tough race." He called Senator Barack Obama a "star," but said he probably needs a little more experience before ascending to the presidency. He gave medicore opinions of John Edwards and John McCain.

What struck me is Trump's admission of what I've been saying for over two years. There should've been no way Kerry should have lost that race two years ago. That he seriously blew it. Although, now that I think about it, I don't know how popular Kerry would've become with the other side and I don't know if the Democrats would control Congress today if there was a President Kerry...so perhaps in the end, it all worked out for the best.

Well, not really, we still have Bush for another 1 year, 10 months, 3 days.

No comments: