Friday, October 19, 2007

A Little FYI

I received an e-mail from the Chief Of Staff of Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-Texas), who was not present for yesterday's vote to override the President's veto of the SCHIP reauthorization. It explains why the Congresswoman was not present;

"Mr. Speaker, on Monday, October 15, I requested and received a leave of absence for the week. My absence was due to the death of my mother, Lillie Mae White Johnson, who passed earlier that day. I share this information to explain why I have not been in Washington to cast votes on the measures considered since Monday, October 15, 2007.”

"Had I been present, I would have voted ‘aye,’ in favor to override President Bush’s veto of the State Children’s Health Insurance Plan (SCHIP) Reauthorization bill. I continue to urge President Bush to put politics aside and work with us to reauthorize and strengthen SCHIP for the sake of our kids."

No comments: